According to mydogsname.com, the findings about names were determined by the 8.3 million dog owners who used our site so far this year.
“With people spending more time at home, many have found that they’re finally in a position to get a dog,” said Jessi Larson, co-founder of My Dog’s Name in the press release. “Our site had 1.2 million more users search for names for a new dog during that time period compared to 2019. This correlates with shelters reporting unprecedented demand.”
According to the press release, the Top 10 Female Dog Names are:
and the Top 10 Male Dog names are:
A report of the findings also revealed that:
- Daisy took away the number one spot from Bella for the first time in 10 years.
- Dog name searches increased by 33 percent from March-June as dog adoption surged due to the pandemic.
- Newcomers in the top 10 female dog names include Olive, Gigi and Dixie.
- After a dip in popularity, Buddy has made a major comeback to take first place.
- Consistently popular names Charlie, Milo and Duke stayed in the top 10, and old favorites Max, Rocky and Cooper reappeared. Axel and Asher are new additions to the list.
About My Dog’s Name