There’s a growing trend toward dog weddings. Some do it to celebrate a close relationship between two of their dogs, and others may use it as a unique fundraiser idea. Still others include their pets in their own human wedding ceremonies. No matter the reason, how could dogs tying the knot not make for a great party?
But what should the bride-and groom-to-be wear? And where on Earth can you find a doggie wedding dress or other apparel?
We found five great places for affordable and adorable wedding dresses for the blushing (well, we assume she’s blushing under all that fur) bride.
1. Posh Pet City is an online boutique that sells trendy, handmade clothing for pups, including a wedding dog dress made of withe taffeta, lace, tulle and pearl. Price: $86.
2. Chewy.com sells a couple of wedding dresses for dogs, although the sizes run in small and extra small, so larger dogs might need to look elsewhere.
The lower-priced dress, shown below, is $19.99, making it easy to let your dog look her best but still be able to afford plenty of treats for the doggy guests at the wedding.
Chewy.com also sells a variety of tuxedos for the groom, including the one pictured below.
This tuxedo t-shirt comes in various sizes from small ($14.95) to 3X-large ($17.95) and works for cats too in case a feline is serving as the best man.
3. Does Walmart simply have everything you could possibly think of to buy? We kind of feel like it after seeing that the giant corporation is in on the pet wedding dress game. And the price is pretty right. For $11.93, your extra small pooch can walk down the aisle in a champagne-colored wedding dress with a tutu skirt.
4. If the bride is a larger breed, you might want to look to Rubie’s Big Dog Bride Costume. This garment comes with a lacy veil head peace with a bow. XXXL size is $25.97.
5. The Snooty Pooch Boutique is where we found the most expensive dress on our list, but it’s still technically priced at under $100. For 99.00, you can purchase a small or extra small dress in rosette designer fabric with a satin ribbon at the waist.
Although the one shown below is in white, it also comes in lavender, pink, red, plum and black, making it a possible bridesmaid dress option.
Once your pets have their wedding ensembles ready, the next step is planning the wedding. For tips on how to host a dog wedding, check out this article on wiki.how.