Five pool safety tips for pets
HAUPPAUGE, New York (PRNewswire) — May is known for many things; Mother’s Day, nicer weather, the kickoff to summer and also National Pet Month.
The LOOP-LOC family, a removable pool fence supplier, is taking National Pet Month a step further and sharing five pool safety tips to help keep your pets safe:
- Invest in a pet-friendly ladder. For the dual pool and pet owners out there, provide pets with an easy exit strategy. While pets may seem eager to join in on the water fun, they’ll eventually need to take a break and clawing at the edge of the pool may cause more accidents. It is extremely important to train your water-loving pet to use pet-friendly exits (such as a staircase) to avoid dreaded water-related accidents.
- Swim gear isn’t only for humans. Pets, like people, may need assistance in the swimming department. For pets with shorter legs or resistance to water, a life vest may be the pawfect solution for them. Putting your furry companion in a life vest during pool sessions will ensure their safety and may even limit accidents. On the plus side, the pictures you’ll capture will brighten the gloomiest winter day.
- Don’t drink the water. While it may seem like a good idea to unsuspecting animals, pool water is not drinking water. Be sure to keep a close eye on your pets and keep their water dish close by. That way they can stay hydrated the right way and avoid the bacteria that comes with drinking chemically altered water.
- Consult with a veterinarian before swimming together. The safety of pets is the number one priority. Be sure to keep to consult with their veterinarian before they begin swimming. This is especially true for overweight and elderly pets. It may be best to consult with the veterinarian before making any changes to your pet’s lifestyle as a precaution.
- Put a fence around your pool. Fences are great for keeping animals out of places they aren’t allowed to be. A removable fence from LOOP-LOC may be just what you need to keep your pet away from the pool when there is no supervision. Much like children, pets like to explore their surroundings and don’t always know when to stay away from an unsafe area. Luckily a BABY-LOC fence does the work for you. Keep your pet safe by only allowing them near the pool when you are able to watch them.
ABOUT LOOP-LOC: LOOP-LOC safety pool fence supplier is a global leader in the pool industry with a 200,000-square-foot headquarters in Hauppauge, New York, and 300 employees. Through its network of dealers, the company has sold safety swimming pool covers on every continent on Earth except Antarctica. LOOP-LOC now also manufactures a line of luxury in-ground pool liners—with more exclusive designer patterns than any other company—as well as the BABY-LOC removable fencing, a convenient, cost-effective additional layer of protection to help deter toddlers from gaining access to a swimming pool.