Of course everyone is excited to ring in the New Year, and, apparently January is also National Oatmeal Month. It is also the month of some frightening-sounding events, including No Pants Subway Ride Day (January 10, 2021) and Kiss a Shark week (Jan. 24-30). We think we’ll pass on those, but there are some special pet-related celebrations coming up in January to be aware of too.
Using http://www.holidays-and-observances.com/january-holidays.html, which posts an extensive list of holidays and observances for each month of the year, we also found out that January is:
Also according to the same site, pet-related weekly observances include:
- International Hoof Care Week – Jan. 26-29, 2021
As for special days, the site sites:
- National Bird Day – Jan. 5
- National Hug Your Puppy Day – Jan. 21 (We couldn’t find much about this date, but there is also a National Hug Your Dog Day, which is in April)
- National Answer Your Cat’s Question Day – Jan. 22
- Change a Pet’s Life Day – January 24
Thus, it sounds as if there will be plenty for people and pets to celebrate in January. Did we miss any pet-related dates? Are there any of the above you’d like to know more about? Let us know in the comments section.
Happy New Year!
Complilation of works by: