Pet Professional Guild announces junior membership and accreditation program
Membership is now open to children, teenagers and young adults in order to help them learn and understand the fundamentals of pet care, behavior and training, and give them an insight into the possibility of working with animals in a force-free, fear-free manner.
The new PPG junior memberships have been divided into three categories:
- Category One — Provisional Junior Basic (age group 8-12 years);
- Category Two — Provisional Junior Advanced (age group 13-17 years);
- Category Three — Provisional Apprentice (age group 18-20 years).
Benefits of junior membership include:
- individual member certificates and badges,
- access to the junior member area of the PPG and PPG British Isles (PPGBI) websites,
- a listing in the Junior Membership Directory, a free e-book A Kid’s Comprehensive Guide to Speaking Dog by PPG founder and president, Niki Tudge,
- participation in the Annual Training Deed Challenge,
- free registration to participate in PPG’s Pet Dog Ambassador program,
- free credentialing via the Pet Professional Accreditation Board,
- and a junior membership study guide.In addition, all junior members are required to sign a pledge stating that the animal’s welfare is their priority, that they will protect the physical, emotional and environmental well being of the animal, and must only use tools and equipment in a manner that reflects PPG’s Guiding Principles.
These state that pain, force, and fear will never be used in the training, care or management of any animal.
The annual membership fee for junior members is just $20. As a special introductory offer, PPG is offering free first year junior memberships for the first 20 applicants on both its North America/international and British Isles websites via discount codes X3QPTC6L and 0D6W5OXO respectively.
“We are very aware that the next generation of pet professionals is at a point in their lives where we can help educate them to understand and apply results-based, science-based, force-free training and pet care,” said PPG founder and president, Niki Tudge. “This will help consolidate the giant steps forward the force-free training movement has made and continues to make, based on the growing body of scientific study and research that supports the use of to a constructional approach where operant behaviors are built and problematic emotional reactions are changed via positive reinforcement and counter conditioning protocols.”
About the Pet Professional Guild
The Pet Professional Guild (www.petprofessionalguild.com)
Pet Professional Guild members understand force-free to mean that no pain, force or fear, and no shock, choke or prong are ever employed to train or care for a pet.
Pet Professional Guild’s adult membership represents veterinarians, veterinary technicians, behavior consultants, trainers, dog walkers, pet sitters and groomers across many species, including cats, dogs, horses, birds, small animals (such as rabbits and guinea pigs), and exotics.
About Pet Dog Ambassador
Pet Dog Ambassador (https://petdogambassador.com) is a five-step credentialing program for dog guardians to test their knowledge, skills and ability to manage their canine companion in real life settings.Tags: Pet Dog Ambassador, Pet Professional Guild, PPG junior membership