Catskill Animal Sanctuary (CAS), one of the world’s leading sanctuaries for farmed animals — is pleased to announce that it will host the third annual Goat Games.
From August 12-15, CAS will be joined by 13 additional farmed animal sanctuaries located throughout the U.S. to rally the support of animal lovers nationwide in support of their life-saving work.
While the goats don’t actually compete, human athletes can sign up for an activity of their choosing, such as running, biking or hiking, to raise awareness and funds for the sanctuary team of their choice. Participants can join this nationwide, virtual event from anywhere in the U.S.
“Covid did a number on us, as it did on nonprofits around the world,” said Kathy Stevens, Founder and Executive Director of Catskill Animal Sanctuary. “Funding plummeted overnight, while the urgent needs of hundreds of animals remained the same.”
Each sanctuary has selected a farm animal as their team captain, and “athletes” will rally behind the farmed animal representing the sanctuary they want to support.
“We want to inspire animal lovers around the country to participate,” said Stevens. “Do whatever it is that you love – whether it’s running, reading, volunteering or knitting! Once folks pick their activity, they simply invite friends and family to support them as they raise funds for their favorite sanctuary.”
The participating sanctuaries in the 2022 Goat Games include:
- Catskill Animal Sanctuary — the hosting Sanctuary (Saugerties, NY)
- Alaqua Animal Refuge (Freeport, FL)
- Farm Sanctuary (Watkins Glen, NY & Acton, CA)
- Farmaste Animal Sanctuary (Lindstrom, MN)
- Heartwood Haven (Wauna, WA)
- Indraloka Animal Sanctuary (Mehoopany, PA)
- Iowa Farm Sanctuary (Oxford, IA)
- Kindred Spirits Sanctuary (Citra, FL)
- Little Bear Sanctuary (Punta Gorda, FL)
- Piedmont Farm Animal Refuge (Pittsboro, NC)
- River’s Wish Animal Sanctuary (Spokane, WA),
- Safe Haven Rabbit Rescue (Clinton, NJ)
- Wildwood Farm Sanctuary & Preserve (Newberg, OR)
- Yesahcan Sanctuary, Inc. (Arcadia, FL)
For more information on The Goat Games 2022 including registering and/or making a donation, visit thegoatgames.org.
About Catskill Animal Sanctuary
Founded in 2001, Catskill Animal Sanctuary is a non-profit, 150-acre refuge in New York’s Hudson Valley. It is home to eleven species of rescued farmed animals with between 275 and 400 residents at any given time. In addition to direct animal aid, the Sanctuary offers on-site tours, a weekly podcast, an award-winning vegan cooking program, and educational programs that advocate veganism as the very best way to end animal suffering, improve human health, and heal an ailing planet.
Catskill Animal Sanctuary is the only U.S. farmed animal sanctuary with highest honors and accreditations from: Charity Navigator (4 Stars), GuideStar (Platinum Rating), Better Business Bureau, and GFAS: Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries
SOURCE Catskill Animal Sanctuary