DogFriendly.com announces Top 10 Dog-Friendly Cities in the United States for 2019
DogFriendly.com released its 2019 list of the Top 10 dog-friendly destination cities in the United States.
The rankings are based on the quality of dog-friendly accommodations, transportation, beaches, parks, attractions, stores, dining and other activities you can do with your dog.
- Northern Virginia: Visit outdoor monuments in Virginia and D.C., take a boat tour with your dogs, and dine or go to “yappy hour” in dog-friendly Old Town Alexandria.
- Portland, Oregon: Enjoy the famous Rose Garden and the parks. Have food and drink at the Lucky Lab. This town is dog-friendly inside and out.
- New York: Great luxurious hotels, famous dog-friendly shopping and outdoor dining. Watch a morning show, enjoy Central Park on leash and off.
- San Diego, California: The best dog beaches anywhere, according to Dogfriendly.com. Boutique hotels. Trails and parks and great weather year-round for outdoor dining.
- Boston, Massachusetts: Tour Boston by boat or take the subway. Follow the Freedom Trail and visit nearby historic sites. Stay at many pet-friendly hotels.
- San Francisco, California: Many off-leash beaches and areas. Shop and dine in Union Square and many parts of town. Ride the cable car.
- Seattle, Washington: Ferry to Bainbridge Island. Ride public transportation with your leashed dog. Visit Sand Point Magnuson Park off-leash beach. Ride a carriage.
- Austin, Texas: Dine in outdoor cafes. Visit the Zilker Botanical Gardens, and take a walking or carriage tour. Enjoy many off-leash parks.
- Colorado Springs, Colorado: Visit Garden of the Gods Park. Shop dog-friendly Promenade Shops at Briargate. Take your dog in your car up the Pikes Peak Toll Road.
- Chicago, Illinois: Visit Navy Pier. Ride the Canine Cruise. See Buckingham Fountain. Take a walk in Oak Park. Many dog-friendly patio restaurants.
Honorable Mentions: Charleston, Dallas, Orlando, Minneapolis and Salt Lake City.
For more details visit https://www.dogfriendly.com. DogFriendly.com, founded in 1998 to provide dog travel information, offers a free website and publishes paperback books.