Rover.com, a network of five-star pet sitters ad dog walkers, recently released its Anatomy of Dog Love report based on a survey of 1,500 U.S dog owners conducted by Rover in January 2020. The report found that pets can play a big role in our romantic relationships.
According to the report:
- Nearly half of all dog owners agree that they would only be in a relationship with a dog person.
- One in five pet parents say they have stayed in a relationship longer because of their partner’s dog.
- 72% of pet parents are likely to click on someone’s dating profile if there is a dog in the picture.
- Most (61%) dog people believe that being a pet parent impacts the health of their romantic relationship.
- Half of pet parents in relationships agree that they spend more time as a couple now that they have a dog.
- 71% of pet parents in relationships say they are more attracted to their partner after seeing how they care for their dog.
The report also found that the vast majority (95%) of pet parents believe their dogs love them.
“The more I study and learn about dogs the more I have realized their capacity for deep and loving attachment and the importance of us, as a people, reciprocating that responsiveness and love in return,” says Tedeschi. “Our dogs can teach us how to have healthy relationships, deeper connections, be more attentive to one another and become trustworthy companions. They can teach us to love.”
More Anatomy of Dog Love Survey Findings:
- 86% of dog people in a relationship agree that having a dog makes them feel more like a family.
- Two in three dog owners say they have more confidence in their parenting skills since owning a dog; most pet parents (67%) are also more confident in their partner’s parenting skills after owning a dog.
Rover connects dog and cat owners with pet care whenever they need it. Millions of services have been booked on Rover, including pet sitting, dog walking, in-home boarding, drop-in visits, doggy day care, and grooming in select markets.
To learn more about Rover, please visit http://www.rover.com.